meet our members
- Go to GrowNYFarms.com for more about agriculture in NY State and the farmers and farmworkers that care for the animals and land that produce your food.
- In February 2019 Farm Credit East released an analysis of the economic impact of proposed NYS legislation calling for farm workers to be paid overtime. CLICK HERE for downloadable report.
- The Agriculture Workforce Development Council (AWDC) is a group of NY farmer organizations working together to prepare and retain a skilled farm workforce. CLICK HERE for an informational brochure about the Council's goals. Also included are results of a survey of farm workers.
- The Cornell Agricultural Workforce Development website is a resource available to agricultural employers. Visit the website to learn more about workforce regulations, human resources management, and subscribe to The Ag Workforce Journal to stay up-to-date on the latest issues and topics in ag labor.
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Manure Storage In NYS: NYS Agriculture & Markets and NYS Department of Environmental Conservation answers questions concerning dairy farm manure storage.
- Considering a career in the dairy industry? CLICK HERE to view more than 20 career paths that serve the dairy industry.
All totaled, NEDPA member farms now represent over 180,000 milking cows! Thank you to our members for their continued support.
The Division of Immigrant Policies and Affairs (DIPA) recently released a document "Services and Protections for Farmworkers" which provides guidelines to workers on NYS laws and regulations their employers must follow. The document has a detailed table of contents and follows a simple "Q" and "A" format. Employers and employees are encouraged to read the manual to help them better understand how DIPA and NY DOL interpret the labor laws and regulations. CLICK HERE for a pdf of the document.